Sunday, May 19, 2013

My New Perennial Garden


Greetings!  It's been awhile since I posted.  I lost one of my Aunts recently, so I've been spent so time reflecting on my life's journey and ensuring my priorities are in order as well as getting some rest.   

I feel that I'm at a good place in my grieving process, and I'm ready to return to other things that I love.  I put in a new perennial garden.  I planted a few Knock Out Roses, Yarrow, Chicks and Hens, and Dianthus.  Added a few rocks and a new bird feeder. 



The pictures don't do it justice.  I love how it turned out.  I need to mulch and edge, but for the most part its done.  I'll add a few more perennials when I find a sale or a few that need some TLC on a clearance rack to fill in some gaps. 



I did get a few containers planted and the boxes for my deck.  I decided to go with deep purple and red petunias accompanied by Creeping Jenny for trailers.  I usually go with Vinca, but I found the Creeping Jenny for $.50 each on clearance.  I filled a few pots with trailing petunias, Spikes, Moss Rose, and Celosia. 




 A co-worker gave me a bunch of raspberries.  I cleared a 300 foot fence row that I plan to fill with birdhouses, wildflowers, adirondack chairs, an assortment of berries, and whatever else that I find, lol.  Now off to rest, pull weeds from the shrubbery beds, mulch and plant out the vegetable garden.  How's things growing in your garden?  Any specials projects that you're working on? 
 
  [signatureformother2motherwithmugb.png]



.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your lose. Your new plants look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your aunt. The loss does tend to take the wind out of sails for a while. We do miss our dear ones so much, but the good memories soon begin to replace the tears.You have gotten a lot done in the garden. You ask about projects. Ha. We have a few going, not to mention daily maintenance. The biggest project is to finish our water garden, which is turning out to be a pretty big project. Your new garden will be so pretty as it begins to fill in. I discovered Home Depot and Lowes for good plant value and they have good selections. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice. Sorry for your lose. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love how it turned out.

      Delete