Monday, July 15, 2013

Come and Get It





Jenny Wrens have invaded the feeders.  When I initially looked out the window there was one.  Suddenly two.  A few minutes another member joined making it three.  At last count there were five.  There's a mixture of peanuts, black oil sunflower seeds and birdfeed in the feeder.  I like to mix it up so I can attract a variety of feathered friends.     



A female Downy Woodpecker takes her turn at the buffet.  I forgot to add more feed, so it was empty for a few days.  I haven't seen her lately.  I wonder if she showed up, it was empty and moved on.  Glad I got a few good shots of her just in case she doesn't return.  I'll have to set up a schedule so I can remember to fill the feeders.   

                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. I love taking pictures of birds. We don't have jenny wrens here. We do have little house wrens that are ground feeders. I seldom see them since they stay out in the woodpile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I love to get a better camera. I did purchase a pair of binoculars this week so I can bird watch. I debating between a Nikon or Cannon.

      Delete