Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My First Ripe Tomato!

 
Can you see it?  My first ripe Celebrity!  I was like a kid in a candy store.  I never dreamed that gardening could so exciting.  I don't know what took me so long to put one in.  I've been thinking about planting a garden for years, but never took the first step to growing my own fruit and veggies.  I'm already thinking about next year's garden and what I'll be planting.  I'm also thinking about asking Santa for a greenhouse this year.  Oh, what I could do with a greenhouse.  I found 2 ripe tomatoes, and quickly whipped up a batch of salsa with the banana and jalepeno peppers sitting on the counter.  It was so nice to reach over the fence and nip at the fresh cilantro to add to it, and it was oh so good.  I'll post my recipe shortly.  It's quick and can modified if needed. 



The Sweet 100 is producing and producing.  I was able to harvest a handful and devoured them before I got out the gate of the garden, lol.  They were tasty.    My daughter said mom, "You ate those and you didn't wash them off".  My response, "There's nothing on these babies but love" .

I harvested a Better Boy this evening too.  I'll be slicing it tomorrow with a little Mayo for lunch or dinner.  Nothing better than a fresh Mater from the garden. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, there is nothing better than your first tomato on a slice of white bread with mayo, unless it is the second one. Congratulations on your harvest. You will have an abundance of tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! "Nothing on these babies but love." That is great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for the first tomatoes! It looks like you'll have many more to harvest too. :)

    ReplyDelete