Monday, July 25, 2011

What's Cooking?



Whipped up a few loaves of Zucchini Bread last night.  My first batch for the season, but surely won't be my last.  I'll be lucky if it lasts through the remainder of the day, lol.




Today's harvest.  The cukes and zucchini are producing like crazy.  I plucked my first Roma tomatoes of the season.  I have lots of fruit on the vine, looking forward to making spaghetti sauce for the winter.  I'm sorry I didn't put in 2 plants additional plants.  I won't be giving away Roma tomatoes this season that's for sure.   The Sweet 100 is loaded with tomatoes and has reached at least 8 feet.  I can't manage to make it out of the garden to take pictures of what I harvest.  They're so good, I just toss them in my mouth as soon as I pick them off the vine. 

I actually harvested 3 zucchini, 2 were used for the Zucchini Bread.  I'll be frying the eggplant, squash and the other zucchini for tomorrow's lunch.  Yum!

8 comments:

  1. Im so glad your garden has been all you wanted. Its so fun to watch you post on how happy your harvest makes you.Stay cool whole gardening its hot out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great harvest, so far for you. We are getting a few cucumbers and the anaheim peppers are coming on strong, but no tomatoes yet. I put a ban on zucchini, but I think the gardener snuck in one bush any way. I'll take the excess to coworkers, along with the egg plant, although your fry sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time is lunch? Nice harvest. We're still waiting on our eggplant - it's growing slow this year, but there will be lots in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! that Zucchini bread looks delicious. Nice harvesting and more good harvest to you in years to come. Good luck with experimenting with your canning...

    it is a future goal I certainly want to pursue and make time for...With all the GMO's and hormones in our commercial foods, I need to learn stuff quick because I'm practically starving to death on their unedible toxic produce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vetsy - I love gardening. I know what you mean about the commerical food. You should def plan to put one in next year. Nothing better than fresh food from the garden, nothing on the veggies but love! I made a Penne Salad yesterday, using my tomatoes, peppers, chives and shaved parmesan cheese. It was dressed it with Zesty Italian, and was so good. I plan to make another bowl this week, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy oh Boy! that Zucchini Bread looks delicious..your harvest is beautiful and they all look so nice and healthy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really cranking, my friend! I'm so happy for you. I just told Heather that I have the laziest vegetables on Earth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Wendy - I think it's the pig manure, lol. The tomato plants are getting so big, I'm not sure that I can hold them down! I've turned into a farmerette, I love gardening and reaping what I've sowed!

    ReplyDelete