Friday, May 20, 2011

A Visit To The Garden Center

I  just visited my local and favorite nursery.  The hanging baskets are beautiful.  I love this nursery, the displays are wonderful and the plants are top quality.   I purchase my geraniums, vinca and spikes here.  Today I was short on time, so I just purchased a few geraniums.  I'll be heading out again tomorrow morning.   



Their vegetable plants were beautiful.  I purchased a few tomato plants, 1 Celebrity, 1 Better Boy, 1 Sweet 100, 1 Beefsteak, and 4 Amish Paste for sauces.   I will also be planting 1 green, yellow, red and jalapeno peppers for salsa, 2 crooked neck squash, 2 zucchini, and 2 bush cucumbers.   In the herb garden I'll plant dill, sweet basil, oregano, lavender and chives. 

I purchased a few butter crunch lettuce plants to place next to the tomatoes.  Not sure how they will do, but it's worth a try. 

I'll be planting the garden over the week-end, cutting back shrubs, pulling weeds, and hopefully getting a few flowers on the deck.  Stay tuned for more on my progress. 








1 comment:

  1. When I walk into a garden center I want one of every thing, :). Difficult to control myself.

    ReplyDelete